The Worm Buffet is an outdoor, in-ground worm farm that, with the help of compost worms, turns your organic waste into rich worm castings. The Worm Buffet is intended for installation in a garden, vegetable bed, or yard. It is an ideal in-ground solution for processing food scraps and other organic waste at home.
How It Works
Worms move in and out through the holes in the Worm Buffet to process organic waste and then deposit rich worm castings into the soil surrounding the Worm Buffet.
Due to this design, you do not need to harvest castings as you do with indoor and other types of worm bins. Instead, the worms deliver their castings directly into the surrounding soil. This unique approach minimizes the amount of maintenance required, builds healthy soil around the Worm Buffet, and adds important nutrients and microbes to plants, fruits, and vegetables in the area.
- Easy to install and maintain
- Stackable tray design and base that optimizes bin aeration.
- Processes 2.5-4.5 pounds of organic waste weekly
- Multiple Worm Buffets can be installed to process more waste or fertilize and aerate a larger area**
- Lightweight and portable
- Made from 100% recycled plastic
- 2 stackable trays that can be rotated
- Lift and hang lid design
- Open drain in base allows liquid to flow out and enhances air flow throughout the bin.
- Worm saver tray prevents worms from falling to the bottom and also catches worm castings
The Worm Buffet measures 12.3 " (W) x 19.5" (H) x 12.3" (L) and weighs 2.4 pounds.
Installing the Worm Buffet is a breeze!
- Assemble (through easy snap and click) the Worm Buffet according to the instructions provided.
- Find a suitable location in your garden or yard.
- Dig a a hole approximately 16 inches deep and 18 inches wide.
- Place the Worm Buffet in the hole and fill in the gaps around it with the soil previously dug out.
- Add bedding to the base of the Worm Buffet to a depth of ~3 inches. We recommend a mix of the soil dug from the surrounding area and shredded cardboard in a 50/50 ratio. Coconut coir or peat moss are also a suitable bedding to start out the worms in your Worm Buffet.
- Add compost worms (500-1000 are recommended to begin), wait 1-2 days, and begin feeding the worms your food waste and organic scraps.
Compost worms are not included in your order of the Worm Buffet but can be added in the ordering options above or in our collection of compost worms. Shipping is free on the Worm Buffett and any live compost worms added to the order!
We're service-obsessed and committed to making your order - and vermicomposting journey - a great experience. Have questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we're happy to help!