Worm Castings Resources
* Bulk Worm Castings Buying Guide - Pricing, Size, and What to Know Before Buying in Bulk (or contact us at email@example.com with questions)
* "What are Worm Castings? The Full Scoop on Worm Poop" (Primer on worm castings and their amazing benefits)
* "Expert's Guide to Worm Castings" (Benefits of worm castings and how to apply them)
* For smaller worm casting sizes for your houseplants or garden, please see our 5, 10, and 20 lb. casting bags.
Bulk Worm Castings for Sale
Brothers Worm Farm bulk worm castings are on the recommended product list of 2 national soil testing laboratories.
The Director of 1 soil testing lab has this to say about our worm castings:
"The biology levels are stunning and fantastic! Good bacteria and fungi levels, activity levels are great too. Protozoa populations are perfectly balanced and stunning! Normally you’d use 50lbs as a top dress per 100 sq ft, but with this material, you can get away with 20-25lbs because the biology is so rich in this material."
In addition, our worm castings are:
- Packed with Beneficials - Our lab results show worm castings rich in soluble salts, bio-available nutrients, fungal and bacterial feeders that create healthy soil conditions to power plant and root growth.
- Pure - Free from fillers like peat moss and dense with nutrients, our worm castings require low application rates that still yield great results.
Used by the Pros: We supply castings to professional growers, farms, soil mixing companies, and even sport teams!
Interested in our bulk castings lab tests? Our lab tests can be viewed here (and also in the photos to your left).
Brothers Worm Farm Bulk Worm Castings
We sell bulk worm castings in 1, 1.5 and 2 yard wholesale super sacks.
Please note: the wholesale prices above do NOT include shipping (via LTL freight). We will contact you within 24-48 hours with the LTL freight options/costs (freight usually runs $150-$450 per 1-2 cubic yard orders depending on your location. We use multiple carriers and exchanges to get the best possible price).
For full truckload orders (20 yards or more), please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we're happy to provide a wholesale quote.
Our Bulk Worm Castings Process
Brothers Worm Farm’s bulk worm castings are produced from our red wiggler and compost earthworms. We have implemented a standardized and repeatable approach to producing worm castings that ensures consistent and quality worm castings.
We do not add filler of any kind to our worm castings so the bulk worm castings super sacks consist of worm castings and small amounts of other organic matter (and sometimes a few worms and cocoons!).
Bulk Worm Castings Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1) How much does 1 yard of wholesale worm castings weigh?
1 yard of worm castings can weigh anywhere from 800 lbs to 1600 lbs,. The difference is based on moisture/water content in the castings as well as the density of the castings (which is driven by bedding and feedstocks).
Our bulk worm castings weigh ~1,300 pounds per cubic yard. When buying in bulk it’s important to buy according to volume instead of weight (since 1 yard of castings from 1 supplier can weigh 1,000 lbs and a cubic yard from another seller can weigh 1,600 lbs).
2) Do you have lab tests?
Yes - in the section above with photos the lab tests are pages 3-6. They can also be viewed here.
3) How will the bulk worm castings ship?
We’ll ship the bulk worm castings to you using a LTL freight carrier. The bulk super sacks will be palletized and require a forklift or trctor for unloading.
4) Do you have bulk worm castings in stock right now?
5) When will the bulk worm castings ship after I order?
Once an order is received we will reach out to confirm your order and availability of a forklift or loading dock. We will then schedule a freight carrier to pick-up your bulk worm castings order. The process from order to pick-up will take 4-6 days. Once picked-up, the bulk worm castings will be delivered to you within 3-4 days (depending on location and carrier transit times). We will provide tracking information (when available) so you can track the status of your order.
6) How much does a yard of castings cost?
1 yard of Brothers Worm Farm bulk castings costs $450 + shipping. The cost of 1 yard of castings from other providers varies from $400 to $800 per yard plus shipping.
7) How much does a ton of worm castings cost?
1 ton of Brothers Worm Farm is around 1.5 cubic yards and costs $675 plus shipping. A ton of castings from other providers will normally cost $600 to $1200 plus shipping.
We recommend buying bulk worm castings by volume (cubic yards) instead of weight (lbs). Castings can have high moisture content when harvested so their weight can vary significantly from different providers. Volume (e.g., cubic yards), however, will be the same regardless of weight.
We're service-obsessed and committed to making your order a great experience. Have questions? Email us at email@example.com and we're happy to help!
The product was great and high quality and the customer service was excellent. Steven was super helpful and great to work with!
Solid outfit. As promised, when promised. No bullshit.