Why Buy European Nightcrawlers?
- European nightcrawlers are a diverse worm - they are larger than compost worms and lively so they make great fishing bait.
- Nightcrawlers are also excellent composters - they can quickly consume and process large amounts of organic material. By many estimates nightcrawlers can consume ~ 1/3 to 1/2 their weight in just a few days.
- Nightcrawlers are are easy to take care of and usually require less than 20 minutes per week of care (for feeding and light watering/misting).
- Nightcrawlers survive and thrive in wide temperature, moisture, and soil pH ranges. Nightcrawlers thrive in bed temperatures between 65-85 degrees Fahrenheit and can survive in colder or warmer temperatures.
- Nightcrawlers grow to 3-6 inches so they are a fantastic fishing worm and a sizeable protein-rich food for aquarium fish, chickens, pet turtles and lizards!
Customers Love Us & our European Nightcrawlers!
* "Thank you so much! My ENC worm order arrived today after only having ordered 3 days ago. They are in great condition!" Patty R, Newport, RI
* "I recently ordered a 1/2 lb of ENCs. They came quickly and were in great condition. Thank you for your excellent service and advice!" Brian S, Las Vegas, NV
What's in Your Order of European Nightcrawlers?
Your order will include hand-sorted live European night crawlers in fresh bedding, carefully packed in a branded, reusable sack. Your order will include:
- Mostly mature adult nightcrawler worms with some juveniles and possibly cocoons mixed in.
- Instructions for unpacking and caring for your live worms.
Our European nightcrawlers for sale are great worms for fishing and excellent composters efficient at breaking down organic waste in vermicomposting bins and generating worm castings. We use them at home and at our farm location to process organic waste and generate premium worm castings.
When Will Your Nightcrawlers Order Ship?
We strive to ship quickly and most orders ship within 1-2 business days via USPS Priority or UPS 2-3 day (very cold or hot weather or weekend transit risks can move some orders to the following Monday). You will receive an order confirmation after completing your order and a tracking number once the package is shipped.
**We're sorry that worms can not be shipped to the states of Hawaii, Alaska or Puerto Rico.
What to do When your Nightcrawlers Arrive
- Like other living creatures, nightcrawler worms are perishable and will not survive in certain conditions, so as soon as they arrive they should be brought inside and unpacked.
- The box with nightcrawlers should be opened and the cotton sack containing the worms should be opened as well. This helps increase air flow to the live worms and also cool them. NOTE: The worms may seem lethargic at first. This is because they have been confined to a small space and in transit for several days.
- As soon as possible (within a few hours at a minimum) the nightcrawlers should be placed in the bin or pile where they will reside. Since the nightcrawlers are shipped in their original bedding the entire bag of bedding and worms can be placed in the bin or pile.
- If the worms will reside in an indoor or outdoor bin, we recommend lining the bottom of the bin with slightly damp shredded or torn cardboard. This will act as additional bedding for the worms to grow and breed in.
European Nightcrawlers for Sale Frequently Asked Questions
How Many Nightcrawlers are in a Pound?
- There are 275-325 nightcrawlers per pound on average.
How many nightcrawlers should I buy?
- For composting in a worm bin we recommend 1 pound of nightcrawlers per square foot of space. If you are starting a stackable worm bin, 1 pound of nightcrawlers is usually enough for your first tray. If you are new to worm composting, we recommend starting with a smaller order (e.g., 1 pound or less) of live worms until you are comfortable taking care of them.
- If you are an experienced worm farmer or composter, we recommend 2 pounds of nightcrawlers for every pound of food waste you would like to compost per day.
Are compost worm bins smelly?
No - they shouldn't be if a few simple rules are followed (see our blog for more info). Worm bins should mostly smell slightly musky like grass and dirt.
How fast will my nightcrawlers reproduce?
As long as bin conditions remain favorable nightcrawlers will reproduce very quickly. Mature nightcrawlers can reproduce as many as 1 cocoon per week, which on average will hatch 1-3 baby worms per cocoon. Upon hatching, baby nightcrawlers will usually reach the juvenile stage and sexual maturity within 6-10 weeks.
Live worm reproduction is impacted by bin conditions, density, feed type, and time of year, so be patient and let nature take over! In good conditions your nightcrawler population should reproduce and double in size every 3-6 months.
Do you ship nightcrawlers year-round?
- We ship nightcrawlers year round via USPS and UPS Priority and within 1-2 business days of your order (weather or transit times may move some orders to the following Monday). Delivery times will depend on your location but on average the live worms should arrive within 3 days after Brothers Worm Farm ships them.
- Unfortunately we can not yet ship live worms to Hawaii, Alaska, or Puerto Rico.
We're service-obsessed and committed to making your nightcrawlers order - and vermicomposting journey - a great experience. Have questions? Email us at email@example.com and we're happy to help!
The worms are big, fat and healthy, the bedding and worm chow are much bigger quantities than I expected and the prices were much lower than other worm farms I’ve tried. I’ll definitely order from Brothers Worm Farm from now on!
This email says that the order was fullfilled 6 days ago, and requests feedback on my order. However the email from 6 days ago stated that the order will not ship until 25 Sept, which is another 5 days from now. Please send a request for feedback after I have received the order, or I cannot give accurate feeback.
The arrived dry and sad, Didn't make the mailing to hot
Great communication and great product
Looked like they all came through in great shape, I use raised planting beds so I just gave the beds a light sprinkle and then put worms in each bed, they all dived in almost immediately and it looks like only 2 worms died in shipping.
I am a happy customer!